PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
We, at Oberle Risk Strategies, LLC, value your business and understand your desire for us to protect and hold confidential, personal information that you share with us in the course of our service with you. Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits Oberle Risk Strategies, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing non-public personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless we provide you with a notice of our privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Oberle Risk Strategies (ORS).
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
1. We collect non-public information about you from the following sources:
Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
Information that you share with us in person or over the phone.
2. When we service, review, or place your account with our various carriers and markets, we may disclose all of the information that we collect about you, as described above. This may include, but is not limited to:
Your name, address, phone, assets, income, and beneficiaries;
Your policy coverage, premiums, and payment history; and
Your credit worthiness and credit history.
3. We do not disclose any non-public information about our customers or former customers, except to our third party affiliates such as our companies or markets, or to those that you direct us to work with, such as mortgagees or loss-payees.
4. We do not share or sell non-public information with non-affiliated Third Parties, such as research and marketing firms, or other businesses not related to insurance purposes.
5. All of our employees restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information. If at any time our secure data base should be compromised, ORS will contact the Missouri Division of Insurance – Consumer Affairs, and the Attorney General’s Office. Further, all affected clients will be notified as to the nature of the breach so that you can act promptly to protect your private information from further compromise.
6. We are required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), to maintain the privacy of your personal health information and to provide you with this notice of our privacy practices and legal duties. We are required to abide by the terms of this notice. We reserve the right to change the terms of this notice and to make any new provisions effective to all of the personal health information that we maintain about you. If we revise this notice, we will provide you with a revised notice on an annual basis. All of the information that we receive will only be disclosed for uses permitted or required by law.
7. If you should ever question how we have used any of your private information and we do not respond to your satisfaction, that controversy or claim will be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
8. Including the recent acquisition of CLH Insurance, we have over 50 years of service to our customers. We are in the business of providing insurance services for the long run. The new GLBA Act requires us to include this section informing you that in the unforeseen circumstance with the potential sale or transfer of our interests, ORS and its affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be ORS’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
As always, we value and appreciate your continued business and trust. If you have any other questions regarding this policy, please call us at (636) 391-0700 or (800) 934-5766.