Operating a Non-Profit Organization can be a noble and rewarding task. In an imperfect world, however, the good deeds done by your NPO still come with inherited risks that require non-profit insurance protection.
Due to the unique structure of non-profits, it’s important that the funds allocated to the non-profit insurance policy are adequate for the non-profit's needs. Without the right coverage in place, you can find yourself spending time focusing on things other than how to achieve your non-profit’s mission and goals.
Social Services & Non-Profit Insurance CLH Specializes In:
- Arts & Culture
- Chambers of Commerce
- Crisis Intervention Centers
- Community Centers
- Educational Services
- Environmental Conservation Organizations
- Fire Departments
- Youth Organizations & YMCA's
Non-Profit Insurance Protections:
Non-profit insurance can consist of my many types of coverage. Here are some common types of non-profit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types. Because every non-profit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Employment Practices Liability protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination, wrongful termination, or sexual harassment by current, former or prospective employees.
- Kidnap and Ransom helps protect against financial losses due to kidnap and ransom/extortion, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Cyber Liability offers protection from a broad range of potentially severe third-party liability and first party risks associated with data privacy and network security breaches, including hacking, malicious software, activities of rogue employees, hardware theft, employee error and more.
- Excess Liability Also called commercial umbrella insurance, this provides additional liability protection above and beyond the liability limits of other applicable liability policies.
- Special Events while you may have protection under your general liability, special event insurance is extra coverage for a one-time event or a series of events, depending on your needs. These policies often include liquor liability coverage, which protects you in the event that there is an alcohol-related injury or property damage.
- Business Interruption provides income replacement and reimburses you for certain ongoing expenses (salaries, rent) if you must close or relocate temporarily after a covered loss (e.g., a fire).
- Professional liability insuranceoffers protection for claims of professional negligence, errors, or omissions. This may be particularly important if your non-profit provides counseling or other professional services.
- Commercial Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for non-profit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your non-profit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
CLH Insurance has been a leader in the non-profit insurance sector in Missouri, Kansas and Illinois for over 50 years and is equipped with the knowledge, experience, and many “A” rated underwriters to make sure your coverage is specifically designed for you and your non-profit. Focus on your mission - we’ll focus on protecting it.
Get started online with a FREE QUOTE or by calling us at 636.391.0700 or by emailing email@example.com.